Continuing with our reviews and giveaways for the 1st Birthday Bash, we have the Baby Dipper! I was sent a Baby Dipper set which included the bowl, spoon and fork. The bowl has a rubber base, which keeps it from slipping and sliding around when your toddler is trying to feed himself. It’s also triangular and not round, which makes it easier to get the last bit of food- not just for self-feeding toddlers, but for caregivers feeding infants.
There is one corner that is lower and exactly the shape and size of the utensils, which allows the food to collect in it eliminating the need to pick up the bowl with your other hand and scrape the sides to get it all. Additionally, a jar of food, or about four ounces fits in the bowl perfectly. I prefer to mix a bit of cereal into the runnier jarred foods for my boys, so the Baby Dipper bowl is ideal for getting just the right amount.
This product is fantastic for feeding multiple babies at once, because you truly only need one hand. You don’t need to pick up the bowl with your other hand to scrape the sides and get the food onto the spoon, like with traditional bowls. And when you’re feeding two (or more!) infants at a time, you sometimes need a few extra hands! I anticipate the Baby Dipper will make self-feeding much easier and cleaner when the boys are at that stage, and plan on investing in a second one so they don’t have to share!
Some additional info- the Baby Dipper was invented by a mom of TWO sets of twins, Barbara Schantz. I love that she saw a need for this product and went and created it herself when she couldn’t find exactly what she was looking for. In addition, the set is CSPIA compliant. It is also BPA-free, lead-free, and phthalate-free. It is microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe.
*Be sure to check out Baby Dipper on Facebook so you can keep up with the latest news.
Want to win your own Baby Dipper? Simply leave a comment telling me what you like most about the Baby Dipper set by June 10th. Winner will be drawn on June 11th. Open to the US & Canada only, please!
Want extra entries? I’ve got several more! Please leave an extra comment for each entry you complete.
- Follow Baby Dipper on Twitter & comment with your Twitter handle.
- Follow The TaterTwins on Twitter & let me know by commenting with your Twitter handle.
- Subscribe to the Baby Dipper Newsletter.
- Follow the Baby Dipper Blog via Google Friend Connect.
- Follow The TaterTwins via Google Friend Connect.
- Grab either my blog button, my Birthday Bash button, or Ryan’s button and put it on your blog & leave me a link to where it is located. (You can find all three on my tabbed sidebar.)
- Subscribe to The TaterTwins via RSS feed in a reader or email.
- Tweet the following (once a day): Win a @BabyDipper bowl set from @TaterTwins and put a stop to messy feeding! http://bit.ly/b5xpVH #giveaway
Note: Previous winners of Baby Dipper bowls (in giveaways sponsored by Baby Dipper, LLC) are not eligible to win again.