Sometimes, I have little things to say but it’s not blog-post worthy, so it ends up as a Facebook status or a tweet. Here’s what I’ve been saying lately:
- Last night, I made acorn squash with dinner, but it took longer to cook than the rest of the food- so we told the kids it was dessert (I make it with brown sugar and butter) and they asked if we have any left for dessert tonight.
Part of me is proud that my kids are eating a vegetable for dessert, but the ice cream lover in me is appalled.
- Thanks to the girls, the boys are now saying ‘Knock knock’ ‘who’s there’ over and over-knock knock who’s there knock knock who’s there knock knock who’s there… they haven’t quite figured out the punchline part.
- WHY isn’t my auto spell-check checking? I don’t want the world to know I’m secretly an idiot…
- I keep seeing these commercials for the movie John Carter. Wasn’t he on ER? Played by Noah Wyle?
- Hideous or cute?
- I made a batch of blueberry muffins for breakfast and Lili turned off the timer when it went off- but didn’t take them out of the oven or tell me that they were done… so they’re burnt to little hockey pucks. The twins insisted on eating the ‘cakes’ though, well at least they tried.
- Dylan could really use a silencer on the pencil that he’s using as a gun. His ‘pew pew pews’ are approaching screech level.
- Someone needs a diaper change- do I do it or hold out hope that Daddy will be home for lunch in a few minutes?
- It’s always entertaining at this house- the boys are running around in just a diaper (as usual) but they have on their sisters bike helmets too… and they’re playing with a half deflated volley ball.
- I sent Aaron a list of about 10-12 recipes I plan on trying, and told him to pick a couple so I can get the ingredients when I shop. The three he wants to try first?
*Bacon-Chicken Crescent Ring
*Sour Cream and Bacon Crock Pot Chicken
*Chicken Bacon Pasta
Do you see a theme?
What have you been talking about lately? By the way, I vote hideous.