Positive thoughts, please!

Ryan had his checkups in Philly this week.  He saw the oncologist Tuesday, and all was well.  But today at the ophthalmologist, he ran into some complications.  Some of the seeds from the tumor came back/grew bigger.  They were able to take care of the one eye with cryotherapy- where they sedate him and then laser them off.  But the other eye- that one’s seed is too big for that.

So tomorrow he goes in for surgery to attach a disc to his eye.  The disc is radioactive, and will deliver localized radiation to the seed and hopefully will get rid of it.  At this time, they are saying it will stay in his eye until Monday, and then he’ll have another surgery to remove it.

Right now, he is miserable.  Between the cryotherapy today and them preparing his eye for the radiation, he’s got one swollen shut and the other patched.

Will you all keep him in your thoughts please?  I really want to see him bounce back.  I miss this silly face.

Comments

1. 1

Poor Ryan. Prayers for the little hero. Love you guys.
    Megan recently posted..House Hunting

2. 2

Oh Jayme, I am sending many many positive thoughts your way!
    Judy recently posted..Random Tuesday Thoughts

3. 3

I love that picture. He is so adorable! Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
    Maria recently posted..Can I get pregnant if he puts it in my ear? (Part 5)

4. 4
    Jessica Lyle says:

Oh my gosh, poor little thing! He is most definitely in my thoughts/prayers. I hope this passes quickly for him so he’s not so miserable…and I hope the radiation takes care of things for good!

Also, that has to be horrible on you, as the mommy, to watch your baby go through that :(

5. 5

He is so beautiful, jamie. Praying for him. And you. Xoxo
    Summer recently posted..I Don’t Know Where I’m Going, Only God Knows Where I’ve Been

6. 6
    Maggie R says:

As an outsider, it’s hard to watch Ryan go through so much. I can only imagine what it must be like as his mom. I know you are going to take good care of your son. I hope somebody is taking care of Aaron and you. :hugs:

7. 7

I’ll be praying for him! I hope it all goes well. xo

8. 8

He will certainly be in my thoughts. You are such a litte trooper Ryan!

9. 9

I will be praying for him, and all of you. I’ll call in the morning and get the church chain going.

10. 10

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope Ryan gets through these next few days with some comfort and you take care of yourself as well.

11. 11

Poor baby! I will be thinking of him and hoping for the best! ((hugs for mommy))
    mom taxi julie recently posted..Just Another Day In Paradise

12. 12

You got it. With my whole heart I send all the love and positive thoughts possible. ((((Hugs))))

13. 13

Praying for little Ryan! He’s got so much spunk I know he will pull through this well!

14. 14

Heaps and heaps of love and prayers
    Cat@jugglingact recently posted..I have to share this

15. 15
    Crystal says:

Many prayers for Ryan!! I am less then an hour away and will be in Philly Friday and Sunday if you need anything at all.

16. 16

Good luck and you are in our thoughts.
    blackhuff recently posted..Love Technology Savvy

17. 17

Hugs prayers and thinking of little Ry-guy! Please please let us know how it goes….and if there is anything you need. Snuggle that little face for me!
    Jenn recently posted..Been a while

18. 18

Praying that all goes well!
    JENinMICH recently posted..30 weeks

19. 19

Prayers for all of you!!

xoxox
    Hillary recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday!

20. 20

Much prayers for him, Jayme! I also want to see his cute face smiling again
    Marcia (123 blog) recently posted..My other choices were vetoed but I also LOVE these

21. 21

*whispered prayers*
    *hugs to you*

22. 22

You got it mama. That is one adorable face, lots o flove & prayers for you guys through this.

23. 23

So sorry your little guy and you have to go through all that. I’ll be praying things go well and you get your silly smiling guy back soon.
    OneMommy recently posted..Date Night and Duct Tape – Thankful Thursday

24. 24
    Christina says:

Absolutely ((((())))) Thoughts and prayers being said!!!

25. 25

:( Poor Ryan! I’ll be praying for him!
    Christa @ Little BGCG recently posted..No Where is Safe

26. 26

Praying for him and you all

27. 27
    Blizzee says:

Poor Ryan Guy! Thinking about you all. Always. (((((HUGS)))))

28. 28

Many positive thoughts heading your way, Jayme…

29. 29

Thoughts and prayers for you all, Jayme.
    Beth recently posted..Vintage Crafts

30. 30

Aw, poor Ryan! I’m sure that this bought of cancer will go away, cause he’s such a cutie :) I’m sending prayers and I’m gonna solicit more from everyone I know!
    Katie recently posted..Czech Republic

31. 31

Absolutely. Poor Ryan … and poor mommy and daddy going through this with him!
    Sara recently posted..A Strange Experience at the Supermarket!

32. 32

Awww, poor guy. Many hugs and thoughts.

33. 33

Sending many positive thoughts and well wishes for him and your family!

34. 34
    Stephanie M says:

Aww, Jay, I didn’t see this till today….how is he doing!?? HUGS to you!!! poor lil guy! I’m praying for him and you all!!

35. 35

Oh my goodness. I do not even know what to say! Lots and lots of prayers for Ryan……
    Cindy recently posted..Homecoming photos!

36. 36

Thoughts for Ryan hun!
    I love the forehead accessory, btw! ;)
    Brie Guzik recently posted..The Guz is Loose

37. 37

Sending all my love to you guys!
    Jenn [ Crippled Girl ] recently posted..Clinical Recap, Part II