I had an OB appointment today at 3:20 and since it’s such a drive, I left the house at 2pm. It was ages before I was seen, and I didn’t get out of there until about 5:15. I’d needed lab work done, but the lab closes at 5, so now I have to make the drive again, as soon as possible. So frustrating. Basically, the head cold I have isn’t affecting Bacon, it’s just making me miserable- which is good. But it is increasing my blood pressure- at least we hope that the cold is what is pushing my pressures up to borderline. So because of that, they want a bunch of preeclampsia labs as well as another 24-hour urine.
There is also concern with how big I’m measuring (33 weeks at only 25 weeks along). For reference, I measured 29 weeks when I was 24- with the twins. So it’s a pretty big difference. It’s a sign of gestational diabetes, which is one of the blood tests I need to do. Another worry is that my body might be like, OK, uterus is getting to full term size, time to start contracting and dilating- since I went into labor naturally with the girls at 35 weeks. Because the placenta is completely covering my cervix, if I dilate any, I’ll start to bleed and it most likely will start to detach, which is bad. They said if I see any blood or start contracting to call an ambulance or get to the nearest hospital.
The OB pretty much said we’re at a point where it’s a waiting game- waiting for something to happen, to go wrong, to cause the baby to have to come out. It could happen tomorrow, or at 38 weeks. There’s really no way to know how long my body will hold out. Hopefully for at least another month or two!